Wills, Trusts and Probate
Why make a Will?
Probably the lowest priority in your life is the making of a will. But providing for your loved ones in the event of your death is something we should all give our attention to. A will is not only an expression of one's wishes with regard to one's estate, but is also an effective means of tax planning. We have expertise in the preparation of Wills and can advise on all such related matters.
If you have experienced a bereavement recently and need help and advice on how to administer the deceased's estate, we can deal with the Legal requirements such as obtaining a Grant of probate of the Will, or if there is no Will, obtaining Letters of Administration, and the general administering of the estate in conjunction with the executors or administrators.
We can also draw up Wills with particular emphasis on mitigating Inheritance Tax or suggest other strategies to assist you.
In the event of a disputed will we can advise and if necessary act for you in a probate action.
Call us on 01635 32000 or e-mail us.
We can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Probate on your behalf. We will also undertake the collecting and distributing of assets.
How much does this service cost?
Generally charged at 1% of the gross estate or 1.5% if we are executors.
In additon there is VAT on the fees.
You will receive a written quotation once the assets in the estate are known.
Disbursements (subject to variation ):
- Probate court fee of £155 basic fee. (additional copies 50 p each )
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£2 per beneficiary).
- £78 Post in The London Gazette – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors.
- £ 250 Post in a Local Newspaper – This also helps to protect against unexpected claims.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate solicitor to work on your matter
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms
- Draft legal statement in support of the application
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate
- Collect and distribute all assets in the estate
Most estates can be dealt with within 12 months This time includes establishing the amount of the assets, completing the necessary
forms ,applying for and obtaining probate, and collecting and distributing the assets.
We provide expert help and advice with: