Buying a house is a major decision for everyone. Mills and Bann aim to make sure your move is as smooth as possible.
Let us take the stress and strain, not you. Our Property Department is experienced in dealing with all types of property, and is used to working to your timescales.
Fees relating to the sale or purchase of a freehold or leasehold residential property
Our fees cover all of the work required to complete a sale of your existing property and/or purchase of your new home, including in the case of a purchase dealing with registration at the Land Registry and the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (Stamp Duty) if the property is in England, or Land Transaction Tax (Land Tax) if the property you wish to buy is in Wales.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as, in the case of a purchase, Land Registry fees, Local Water andf Environmental search fees , and stamp duty.
On a leasehold property third party payments will include notices to the landlord and Management Company charges.
Your quotation from us will include all fees and other charges though initially the management charges on leasehold purchases may not be known until the transaction proceeds and have to be estimated.
Our scale of fees ranges £700 + vat to £1250.00 + vat up to a maximum price of £1m and thereafter 0.2% of the price.
How long will my sale take?
This depends largely on your buyer and the financial arrangements of your buyer and any chain below your buyer.
Typically 6- 8 weeks
Stages of the sale process
- Take your instructions and send client information form and obtain ID
- Send you various enquiry forms to complete and return
- Receive agents particulars
- Obtain title and submit contract and replies to enquiries to buyer's solicitors
- Deal with any further enquiries
- Arrange signing of contract and exchange of contracts fixing completion date
- Obtain mortgage redemption figure
- Prepare for completion
- Complete sale and pay off mortgage and pay Agents
How long will my purchase take?
How long it will take from your offer being accepted until you can move in to your house will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes 6 to 8 weeks. It may be shorter or longer than this depending on the circumstances such as the funding of the purchase and other parties in the chain.
Stages of the purchase process
The precise stages involved in the purchase of a residential property vary according to the circumstances. However, below we have suggested some key stages that you may wish to include:
- Take your instructions
- Receive and advise on contract documents
- Carry out searches
- Obtain further planning documentation if required
- Make any necessary enquiries of seller's solicitor
- Give you advice on all documents and information received
- Go through conditions of any mortgage offer with you
- Send final contract to you for signature
- Agree completion date (date from which you own the property)
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from lender and you
- Complete purchase
- Deal with payment of Stamp Duty/Land Tax
- Deal with application for registration at Land Registry
We provide expert help and advice with:
Buying a new home